Below are a few restoration pictures from a power plant in Brooklyn, Michigan.
This plant was also built by Henry Ford in 1939 where 80 workers were employed to produce car horns. The similarity between this building's form and design and Milford's Powerhouse is striking.
The key source of power at the Brooklyn plant was hydropower from the nearby dam on the Raisin River. After years of disuse, the building's electrical generating system was restored by a private owner over several years.
The generator is similar to the two generators that were once housed at the Pettibone Creek Hydroelectric Station in Milford, just a little smaller.
The governor controls the speed (water flow) of the turbine/generator.